Professional learning day with a focus on Reasoning and Discourse.
- Discern how mathematical tasks and questions differ with respect to the level of thinking required to solve them
- Deepen understanding that learning mathematics involves students’ constructing ideas and systems
- Recognize the role of productive discourse in students’ mathematical reasoning and sensemaking
- Understand the role of reasoning and discourse in Next Generation Assessments
A Focus on Representation and Procedural Fluency
- Logical Reasoning and Classroom Discourse
- How Students Learn
- Aspects of Learning
- Comparing Mathematical Tasks
Hands-on planning sessions for teachers and coaches with your district’s materials and resources
- Create a common vision for effective math instruction that supports student success.
- Select and modify activities to form a coherent set of learning experiences for students.
- Understand the Instructional Planning Process so they may apply it to their own classroom(s).
Questions? Click Here to Contact Us