MATH 180™ is a revolutionary math intervention program for the Common Core. Designed for struggling students in grades 6 and up, MATH 180 builds students’ confidence and competence in mathematics, while providing teachers an ecosystem of support to ensure success.
Developed and delivered by Math Solutions, MATH 180 professional learning courses and coaching services drive teacher practice and provide opportunities to grow as a math educator.
Maximize the benefits of MATH 180 with professional learning opportunities to improve instruction!
With the purchase of MATH 180, educators receive two days of in-person implementation training, which introduces teachers to the program materials and software while guiding them through the content and instructional strategies.
With individualized in-classroom coaching, Math Solutions can expand upon your initial two-day training by providing ongoing support to ensure continued success.
MATH 180 Professional Learning, Day 3: Using Data and Informative Assessment to Plan and Adjust Instruction:
- Build teachers’ knowledge of using data to plan for differentiated instruction
- Target students’ individual needs
- Modify tasks and assignments during daily lessons
MATH 180 Professional Learning Course: Content, Tools, and Strategies
- Help students better understand content and to communicate their learning
- Utilize MATH 180 models, tools, and alternative strategies
- Provide teachers with the opportunity to focus on the mathematical content of MATH 180
- Effectively to build mathematical understanding in students
MATH 180 In-Classroom Support
- Provide teachers with optimal coaching support as they learn the content of MATH 180 and how it supports high-leverage teaching practices
Extend the Best Practices of MATH 180 to ALL Your Math Teachers
Math Solutions Professional Learning Courses: Prepare for the new, high-stakes assessments by improving teachers’ content knowledge and developing effective teaching strategies. Expand on your MATH 180 professional learning with services including, but not limited to:
- Mathematical Practices Course 1: Making Sense of Math, A Focus on Reasoning and Discourse*
- Mathematical Practices Course 2: Mathematical Thinking, A Focus on Representation and Procedural Fluency*
- Supporting Students Who Struggle with Mathematics, Grades K–8
* Available for all state’s academic standards.
Math Solutions Coaching:
Research shows that teacher effectiveness is maximized with ongoing, high-quality professional learning from an instructional coach. Enhance the knowledge and experience of your math leadership team and teachers by developing a strategic coaching plan customized to meet the needs of your district.
- Model lessons, including pre- and post-conversations, to illustrate instructional techniques
- Differentiation strategies that will help educators meet the needs of all students
- A focus on developing and deepening math content knowledge
- Analysis of student work samples to assess learning and determine instructional next steps
- Facilitation of professional learning communities, cadres, and collaborative planning
Support mathematical understanding in your classroom with resources to supplement your MATH 180 Instruction: